Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tonight's Dinner

Tonight, I decided to do a Smorgasbord of all of our favourites!!!!    Ted chose pan seared halibut, I LOVE soup so decided to make my fav....butternut squash!  Taeya chose perogies, that I finished with a garlic sausage, and Paige chose garlic butter prawns, with fresh lemon!   What a wonderful, filling meal topped off with a beet, pea, tomato, and fresh green salad!!!    YUM!!!    I took a couple quick pics...while finishing it all off!!


Enjoy.....tomorrow night....????.... Perhaps a cranberry cheese stuffed turkey breast?

I love fresh salads, chop up and add whatever you have on hand.  I had bought fresh shelled peas which are hard to find but COSTCO has them right now.  I also had cooked beets the other night for dinner so chop up cold cooked beets for a lot of flavour, and nutrients.   I finish my salads off with flax oil and balsamic vinegar. 

For this soup, follow my blog on Butternut squash & pumpkin soup.  Due to the time of year I left out the pumpkin and changed up my spices....remember to have fun!

Saute 1 TBSP of EVOO, 1 TBSP of butter, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice....saute for 3 minutes, when prawns start to turn...add a light white wine...finish until prawns have lost all opacity.

The best halibut ever!!!....  make an egg and milk wash, bathe fish in, then coat with PANKO  crumbs mixed with garlic powder.   Place flesh down in a hot pan with 1 TBSP of EVOO for 4 minutes on med-high heat, turn and finish for another 5 minutes...or until cooked to your liking. 

Ok - SO I have made them before....but these are something that are best left to the pros ;-))   boil your store bought perogies according to the directions.  While boiling saute onion and garlic sausage, add perogies after draining and crisp!   Serve hot with grated cheese and sour cream!!


I know not one of my healthiest posts....but hey we all deserve a treat once in a while!!!!!


1 comment: