Sunday, September 23, 2012

I am Grateful!!!

I'm grateful that my dad had no pain.
I'm grateful that my mom had my dad in her arms until the end.
I'm grateful that my dad was surrounded by my Aunts & Uncles.
I'm grateful that my dad was at the Sibs At Sea trip - something he looks forward to every year.
I'm grateful that we had just had our yearly family trip to Veranda, just a week prior.
I'm grateful that our family is close and strong.
I'm grateful my mother is strong.
I'm grateful that I had 30 years with this amazing man.
I'm grateful that my dad loved and respected my husband Ted.
I'm grateful that Ted had a father in law, he respected and cherished.
I'm grateful our girls had a Papa, who loved and cherished them.
I'm grateful to everyone who showed their love and support by coming to the celebration.
I'm grateful that a cardiac nurse was by his side right away.
I'm grateful for the SARTEC team that was overhead within 10 minutes.
I'm grateful for my Uncle Scott - who said "All that could be done...was done...I want you to know that!!  Aspirin was in your dad within minutes! ~ I'm especially grateful  for this, and knowing that my Dad is in peace, and can feel all of our LOVE!!!

I'm grateful that Dad was smiling, laughing and joking right to end!

I'm so grateful for all of these things and so many more.   

The day after the celebration of life, we headed down to the beach to have a picnic and drinks and read all the beautiful cards left by so many friends and family.  It was a beautiful sunny day surrounded by love, stories full of laughter, and memories full or flavour!!















1 comment:

  1. xoxoxo
    It's good for us to feel gratitude. xoxoxo
    This is beautiful. xoxoxox mom

    ReplyDelete