Monday, September 10, 2012

My Nanny!

OK so Nanny came 'home', I know she just came to visit, but it felt like it was HOME!!!  After visiting Osoyoos, Nanny came to visit us at Veranda Beach, with all of her girls....I have that photo somewhere......and then Nanny came to spend 2 nights at our house, hang out with her great grandchildren, go to birthday parties, chill on the deck, and just be.....   Just be my nanny.... my precious, ever there, Nanny.   I told my girls about Nanny's metal valve in her heart....so they had to cuddle in and hear it...I loved the look in Nanny's eyes when she had my little beauties cuddled up on her lap, all of the love, for her beautiful great grandbabies was so apparent!  It was so much fun to watch....I remember curling up on that same lap, listening to that same heart!!!  Thank you for coming and staying with us, my beautiful nanny, nanny to so many, but your still MY Nanny ;-)))  XOXO


Here are a few photos....





 Paige showing Nanny her Report card!!



 My Nanny now wears both my Papa's wedding ring and her wedding ring around her neck.   She said to me "I know it sounds crazy but this way he is always 'with me"   My answer.... "Nanny that is not crazy, it is beautiful!"   After over 60 years of marriage!    There were so many moments that Nan twisted and turned those two rings during those three days.  Day two was their (Nan & Papa's ) anniversary...do we ignore, do we celebrate?  Ted and I twisted and turned with the decision.....and of course my most AMAZING husband was the one to 'break down', he did not want to ignore the day, he wanted to celebrate!!!!    He wished my Nanny a 'Happy Anniversary" ...Ironic, in my mind, how can it be happy?, but memories are very strong!!!!  So we celebrated the day!!!!   The girls and I got her the most amazing bouquet from the farmers market before taking Nanny for lunch.

After a dinner at Jan's house we got home to put the girls to bed...

Nanny stood out on the deck, looking up at the stars, twisting their rings that hung around her neck...I KNEW she was talking to my papa!, do I go out or stay back?.....I went out!! and embraced her in a 'grandma hug' one that she always gives me, tears stung at my eyes, my mind shut down, I was overwhelmed! I don't think I ever properly grieved my papa, I nuzzled into her neck and cried!!!  We stayed there looking at the stars, the view , knowing Papa was there.....Let the grieving begin!

Then went in for a glass of red wine, a game of cards, tears, and a few laughs!!

We miss him so much!!!  
My Nanny and ALL of her rings!!  My Nanny loves diamonds, rubies and gold!!  I LOVE this photo!!!  My papa's ring around my nanny's ring...and all of the other rings he bought her ;-)))



1 comment:

  1. So beautiful sweetheart! and I can't wait to show nan how beautiful she is in that top picture. Thanks in advance for that.

    ReplyDelete