Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ship Wrecked!

Posting has been very helpful!  I'm not ready to talk, or hug, or be hugged ;-)))  but 'posting' , 'journalling' has been VERY helpful.....of course it will take time before I can tell my true feelings/story/events....
In the meantime,  I'm wanting to post and be in a positive state!  I miss my Dad immensely, but anyone who knows my Dad...knows, life must carry on!  Life must be lived!   And for that, I would love to share these rusted out wrecks, that my Mom, Joy and I kayaked to the other day!! 











 Mom in the sunken Hull of the ship....It is not very often you can make it to the wrecks at this low of tide....and venture this far in....also not the safest venture ;-)))   It's OK Dave....we kept you in the know all ;-))


Both Mom and I in the Hull
Look Up!!!, I love the trees and plants taking root!
  Can you believe this kryptonite colour is just from the sun beaming under the sea, and under this spectacular wreck? 


    The view from under the sea!!!!  Love these ones! 

 A metal structure still serves the purpose of home to many beautiful barnacles! 
 Looking thru the rust...





 Mom is in the far right of the Hull....that is how huge this wreck is! 
 As gentle as gold leaf....yet hard as an old rusted hull!
 The rusted out hull of an old ship....and the bow of my kayak...Mom wanted a pic of me here...so when I get it I will post it!
 A tree full of Turkey Vultures....and a Bald Eagle in the right background! ( he had just finished devouring his salmon) ..Joys of the Island!!!

A lazy seal!!  

When his 4 friends surrounded me, I yelled to mom, she stopped, and I paddled like MAD!!!!......Playing with the seals is not all that fun in a kayak ;-))

 This is how close we were ( or where ;-)))  to the sea plane that took off beside us!!!







1 comment:

  1. The colour combos in some of these are sOo amazing! Beautiful clear pictures Heathe.

    ReplyDelete